Union Bank of India
Indian public sector bank
Not to be confused with The Union Bank (1828).
|Founded||11 November 1919; 102 years ago (1919-11-11) in Mumbai|
|Founder||Seth Sitaram Poddar|
|Headquarters||Union Bank Bhavan, 239, Vidhan Bhavan Marg, Nariman Point, |
Number of locations
12,957 ATMs (March 2021)
|Rajkiran Rai G. (MD & CEO)|
|Services||Consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, wealth management|
|Revenue||₹80,104.19 crore (US$11 billion) (FY21)|
|₹19,259 crore (US$2.6 billion) (FY21)|
|₹2,905.97 crore (US$390 million) (FY21)|
|AUM||₹923,805 crore (US$120 billion) (FY21)|
|Total assets||₹1,071,705.84 crore (US$140 billion) (FY21)|
|Total equity||₹64,068.44 crore (US$8.5 billion) (FY21)|
|Owner||Government of India (89.07%)|
Number of employees
|Capital ratio||12.56% (March 2021)|
Union Bank of India, commonly referred to as Union Bank or UBI, is an Indian government-owned bank with 120+ million customers and a total business of US$106 billion. After the amalgamation with Corporation Bank and Andhra Bank, which came into effect on 1 April 2020, the amalgamated entity became the fifth largest PSU bank www unionbank com in terms of branch network with around 9500 branches. Four of these are located overseas in Hong Kong, Dubai, Antwerp, and Sydney. UBI also has representative offices at Shanghai, Beijing and Abu Dhabi. UBI operates in the United Kingdom through its wholly owned subsidiary, Union Bank of India (UK). The bank has a network of 9300+ domestic branches, 11800+ ATMs, 8216+ Business Correspondent Points serving over 120 million customers with 77000+ employees.
Union Bank of India was established on 11 November 1919 in Bombay (now Mumbai) by Seth Sitaram Poddar. The bank's corporate office was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi. At the time of India's independence in 1947, the bank had four branches – three in Mumbai and one in Saurashtra in trade centres. By the time the Indian government nationalized UBI in 1969, it had 240 branches. In 1975, it acquired Belgaum Bank, a private sector bank established in 1930 that had itself merged in a bank in 1964, the Shri Jadeya Shankarling Bank (Bijapur; incorporated on 10 May 1948). In 1985, it acquired Miraj State Bank, which had been established in 1929, and which had 26 branches.
UBI expanded internationally in 2007 with the opening of offices in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and in Shanghai, China. In 2008, it established a branch in Hong Kong. In 2009, Union Bank opened a representative office in Sydney, Australia.
On 30 August 2019, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank would be merged into Union Bank of India. The proposed merger would make Union Bank the fifth largest public sector bank in the country with assets of ₹14.59 lakh crore (US$190 billion) and 9,609 branches. The Board of Directors of Andhra Bank approved the merger on 13 September. The Union Cabinet approved the merger on 4 Www unionbank com in, and it was completed on 1 April 2020.
- Union Bank of India (UK) Limited
- Union Asset Management Co. Private Limited
- Union Trustee Co. Pvt. Limited
- Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Co. Limited
- Chaitanya Godavari Grameen Bank
- Corpbank Securities ltd.
All-India Toll Free number
1800 208 2244 / 1800 22 22 44
- Customers are requested to note that old cheque books are being phased out with new ones having additional security features w.e.f. 01.07.2021. Please contact your branch manager for replacement of old cheque book with new cheque book well before the said date. If you have already issued cheque from old cheque book, please get it replaced with new cheque immeditely. On receipt of confirmation from you, Bank will delete the old cheque book records from Core Banking Solution (CBS) system.
- You have registered for mandatory additional www unionbank com in of security, by choosing 3 challenge questions and answering them. In case of providing incorrect answers to the such challenge questions your Internet Banking shall be blocked. In such case, please call our Customer Service at 1800-2222-44 & 1800-208-2244 and choose option no. 2 for further process.
- PSB Alliance Doorstep Banking Services available
- Bank has introduced 3 Factor Authentication (FA) to enhance the security features of your accounts, one time registration for the same is mandatory. Know more
BEWARE OF FRAUD CALLS
It has been observed that many fake and fraudulent contact numbers are circulated on web posting as ´Banks Customer Care Number´. One such number found in web search is 06206419089. Customers are hereby cautioned to conduct their own investigations and analysis and should check the accuracy, reliability of the contact numbers before using any contact number received by the customer other than through our official channels such as Bank´s Website/authentic literature/Advertisements etc. Bank accepts no responsibility towards any loss incurred by the customer incidental to usage of any unauthentic contact number/channel.
[Phishing Do's and Dont's]
Phishing is a fraudulent attempt, usually made through emails/calls/SMS to capture your confidential data like NetBanking Id/Password, mobile no, email Id/Password, Card no/PIN/CVV no, etc.
SafeGuard [Beware of phishing]
Avoid fraudulent communications asking for your UserId, Password, Card No, Account No. etc. www unionbank com in Fraudulent emails contain links of look-alike websites to capture your financial data. Bank will never send such communications to you asking for your personal/confidential data. Always visit Bank's site instead of clicking on the links provided in emails/third party websites. Do not respond to pop-up windows asking for your financial or confidential information.
Copyright © Union Bank of India, All rights reserved.
Union Bank Mobile Banking gives you 24-hour access to your account and allows you to quickly complete common www unionbank com in mobile banking, you can:
- View your balances
- Review your transaction history
- View your custom account and transaction alerts
- Transfer money between Union Bank accounts1
- Pay bills quickly and easily
- Temporarily suspend your debit card when not in use to prevent fraudulent transactions
- Send a Person-to-Person (P2P) payment.
To utilize Mobile Banking, you must be actively enrolled in the Bank’s online banking product and utilize a supported mobile device. If you are not currently enrolled for online banking, contact your local branch today to enroll. Union Bank does not charge a fee for Mobile Banking. Your wireless carrier may charge you for data usage and text message services. Check with your wireless carrier for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage or text messaging charges that may apply.
Online banking customers must complete two step to access mobile banking:
Step 1: Enroll through your online banking account
Step 1: Sign into your existing online banking account.
Step 2: Complete the setup information on the screen:
— Enter a valid email address and phone number that you will have access to at the time of sign in.
— Enroll to receive a 2-step authentication code. Select the method in which you would like to receive the code.
— Enter the code sent and click “Verify”.
— When prompted, create a 4-digit passcode.
— Click the “Submit” button.
Step 2: Download the Mobile App2
The free mobile app is available for iPhone®, and Android™ devices2. To download the app, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the app store icon on your iPhone®.
- Select the search button and type in Union Bank NC.
- You will see the Union Bank logo appear.
- Click on the Union Bank NC Mobile Banking app.
- Click on the FREE button which will then turn into the INSTALL APP button
- Type in your Apple ID Password when prompted and click OK.
- Click on the app icon to login to your online banking account with www unionbank com in online banking ID and Password as you normally would from your web www unionbank com in. You’ll enter your online banking ID and hit submit. Your security watermark image will appear and you will then be prompted to enter in your online banking PIN.
- Click on the Google play store icon on your Android™.
- Select the search button and type in Union Bank mobile banking.
- Scroll through the list of apps and you will see the Union Bank logo appear.
- Click on Union Bank NC Mobile Banking app.
- Click on the INSTALL
- Click on the ACCEPT & DOWNLOAD
- Click on the app icon to login to your online banking account with your online banking ID and Password as you normally would from your web browser. You’ll enter your online banking ID and hit submit. Your security watermark image will appear and you will then be prompted to enter in your online banking PIN.
Using Mobile Banking
Mobile banking is easy to use. Refer to our Mobile Banking Guide (pdf document) for detailed instructions for performing the various procedures.
1 A www unionbank com in regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please refer to the account disclosures you received at account opening for additional information or contact your local account representative to receive a copy.
2 Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone®, are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
Union Bank products, services and prices are subject to change.
Send money 24/7 around the world
1 Fee reductions apply only to the Western Union® transfer fee for a single Western Union Money Transfer® or Quick Collect® transaction. Excludes all other services, including without limitation, online bill payments, and money transfers via social/chat applications. Points used will not be reversible and if amount of transfer fee is less than redeemed discount, no cash, credit or refund will be provided. Western Union reserves the right to offer promotions l discounts that cannot be combined with My WU® fee reductions.
2 Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
3 Network data as of June 30, 2020.
4 If you’re using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. To avoid these fees or for reduced fees, use a debit card or check other payment methods.
5 Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, Agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. For mobile transactions funds will be paid to receiver’s mWallet account provider for credit to account tied to receiver’s mobile spirit airlines phone number usa. Additional third-party charges may apply, including SMS and account over-limit and cash-out fees. See the transfer form for restrictions.
* Terms and Conditions apply. Restrictions apply, see amazon.com/gc-legal
UBI Recruitment 2021: Apply for 347 Specialist Officers in Union Bank of India on unionbankofindia.co.in