: Thank you for your patience quotes
|How to set up td ameritrade thinkorswim|
|1st financial federal credit union routing number|
|Thank you for your patience quotes|
|FREE FOOD FESTIVAL NYC|
|KEY BANK HOURS PLATTSBURGH NY|
When someone demonstrates patience, perhaps you would like to thank them. Thanking people in advance for their patience seems to be a way of asking them to be patient.
Sometimes patience is also requested of customers with “thank you for your patience” signs.
Patience: the ability to wait, or to continue doing something despite difficulties, or to suffer without complaining or becoming annoyed.Cambridge Dictionary
If you are thanking someone for their patience, it’s likely the last part of the definition that applies, whereas if you want someone to be patient, it’s more likely the first half.
- Patience is a desirable trait mentioned in the Bible many times. If you are a Christian, sending a note to another Christian, you may want to include one of the patience verses in your message.
- Acknowledging that there is an issue can be helpful when requesting someone to continue to be patient.
- If you are a business doing construction, you may want to write a longer letter or email explaining walmart com apply for job situation. Sometimes more information and insight can help people have patience. The letter could also be printed and posted at the location.
Template for personal notes
Thank you for your patience with [whatever]. I appreciate your time and support. [Add a compliment or other sentence].
- Replace [words in brackets] as needed for your situation.
- Remember that it’s best to be as specific as possible. This template is designed for a typical contact credit one credit card note, which is usually two to four sentences. If you have a lot to say, you can write a longer letter.
- The examples below are the center section (the thank you message) only. If you are writing an email or handwritten note, please be sure to include the opening and closing. Read here for a more detailed description of each part of a thank you note.
Examples: Patience while learning something new
#1 Thank you for your patience with me as I learn [what skill/program you are learning]. I appreciate all of the time you have spent with me. I realize it is taking me a bit longer than others to know everything.
#2 Thanks for your patience and understanding while you teach me the new [program]. Your ability to repeat information in different ways is impressive. You’re the best trainer!
#3 I am thankful that you are helping me out so much with [new thing]. You are the most patient person I’ve ever met. Thank you again for offering to teach me.
#4 You are an excellent patient [friend/coworker]. Thank you for spending time to show me how to [whatever they are showing you]. I will be glad once I can do it independently. Thank you for never losing your patience with me as I ask questions to clarify my understanding.
#5 I admire your patience while training me. Thank you for your time and support as I learn the new process. You are a great mentor.
#6 Thank you so much for your time, expertise, and patience. I am grateful for all the effort you have put in teaching me [what they have been teaching you]. I will pay it forward when the next new person starts and show them how to do this.
#7 Thanks for being patient with me as I go through the training material. I will be so happy once I’ve learned everything and feel confident. Allowing me to ask all the questions I want has been very helpful.
Examples: Personal Patience Examples
#1 Thank you for patiently waiting for me to show up at lunch last week. Next time, I will plan better and not accept last-minute meeting requests. You are important to me, and I don’t like making you wait.
#2 Things have been difficult for me lately. Thank you for your love and patience as I work on getting my life together. I am glad we were able to talk last week and felt more confident afterward.
#3 I want you to know how much I look up to you. You seem to be patient and calm no matter what comes your way. Thank you for being an excellent example to the [team/family].
#4 Thank you for your patience in this matter as we work with the [lawyers/another party]. Of course, it’s taking much longer to resolve than we had hoped. We looked forward to a solution soon and will keep you updated as the process moves along.
#5 I am thankful to you for being such a great friend. Your continued patience means a lot to me as I work through [whatever you are struggling with or working on]. Someday this situation will thank you for your patience quotes behind me!
#6 Thank you for your patience and understanding while I’ve been attempting to decide on [topic]. I appreciate you for listening and only giving input when I ask for it. You are the best kind of friend. I know we will both be happy when I finally make a decision.
#7 Thanks for all of your patience, love, and continued understanding as I changed my eating habits. The struggle to change my patterns has been difficult. Giving up some of my favorite foods is more challenging than expected, so I appreciate your support as I work on the changes and finding new, healthier favorites.
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Letter template from business to customers:
Thank you for your patience as we undergo [renovations/construction].
Paragraph with the benefits.
Paragraph with any special instructions.
Paragraph with how long construction will take.
Say who to contact with allpoints atm near my location name]
Example: During Construction
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we complete construction at the store located on [Street Name].
Once the renovations are complete, the new floors, brighter lights, and layout will offer a better shopping experience. The pet department will be expanded to offer more items for cats.
During the construction, you may encounter times while either the west or east doors are closed. We apologize for this inconvenience while work is done near the entrances.
We expect the work to be completed by [Date].
If you have any questions, please contact: [Contact Name, email or phone number].
Made Up Company Name
To The One Being Patient With Me, Thank You
I have never been an easy person to love and cannot say I ever will be. I have always struggled with talking about my feelings and expressing them in the right ways. I have been hurt far more than once in my life and have had countless people walk out. These kinds of things constantly sit in the 1st financial federal credit union routing number of my head: what I did wrong in past relationships, who walked out, the words they said to me. It all is a constant thought in the back of my mind that forces me to keep a guard up when others try to get in. Breaking down that wall takes time, effort but most importantly, patience.
Nobody ever told me love would be easy, but they also never told me it would be this complicated; finding someone who wants to take the time to get to know all of the little things about you or learn your favorite things so they can surprise you when you least expect it. A person who thinks you are worth the time, effort and patience is the person you deserve. Everything takes time, but the person who sees so highly of you to wait and put in the effort as long as they have to, is the person who will change your life.
To the one being patient with me, I thank you.
I thank you for putting up with me even though I can be the most complicated person in the world. I thank you for showing me people do still care about others and the importance of taking the time to get to know them. For showing me that giving up on someone so easily is not just something of the past. For doing all of the little things that prove an old-fashioned relationship is still possible. I thank you for understanding my passions, my career drive and my focus on where I hope to be in the future. For understanding the fact I am an old person in a young person's body.
But mostly, I thank you for being patient; hearing about my past and doing what you can to make me realize this time is different. Doing your best to understand what I have been through and why I am the way I am - why I put walls up. For pushing my belief in true, genuine happiness. All of the things you do, and what you do it for, takes a lot of patience and I know that. And because of that, I appreciate you.
I cannot say that I am always the easiest person to get along with or the best person when it comes to relationships. One day it will all make sense and all of the effort and time you put it in will be worth something. I make things difficult and I make things complicated, it is who I am and it is what I do when it comes to relationships. But I thank you for doing the things you do and just being who you are. I never told you it would be easy, but one thing I can promise you is I will be worth the wait.
Thank You Message for a Mentor—Samples of What to Write in a Card
Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the thank you for your patience quotes they need for life's special moments.
Sometimes it can be difficult to find the right words to say to someone who means so much to you. To help, here is a collection of messages and sayings that you can write in a greeting card or email to your mentor or teacher to thank them for guiding and mentoring you.
Sometimes you only need a few words of thanks to express how grateful you are for everything you have learned from him or her. You can get ideas from the list below and then write your own unique message to show your appreciation.
You can send these thank you notes via text/SMS, email, Facebook, Twitter, IM, or any of the social networking sites to show your mentor, boss, and leader how grateful you are for all the encouragement, inspiration, and motivation.
In the article you will find messages and sample thank-you letters for a mentor, for a mentor and teacher, and for a spiritual mentor.
Sample Messages for Your Mentor
- You are a wonderful teacher, boss, leader, and friend. You are everything one could look for in a good mentor. You groomed us to be sound professionals and made working with you an interesting and memorable experience. I will always be grateful to you for your support and kindness.
- It would be impossible to count all the ways that you've helped me in my career. Thank you so much for all that you've done — I only hope I can return the favor sometime in the future.
- Thanks for being a good mentor and for guiding me on the right path. I will always be thankful to you.
- Not only have you been a fantastic mentor to me, but you have taught me how to mentor other people. Thank you for being such a great role model.
- Thanks for opening my eyes to new stages of opportunity and strength. I will forever be grateful for your guidance and kindness.
- I am what does amazon prime day mean grateful that you took me under your wing when I first started at this company. Your leadership and example has helped me grow into my potential. I would not be where I am today without you.
- You have consistently maintained strong business ethics while keeping a smile on your face and those of the people around you. Thank you so much for your guidance and useful advice.
- Thank you for showing me how to stand my ground and have the kind of career that I can be proud of. I count myself lucky for having had your mentorship.
- You have been an exemplary and visionary mentor, a great leader who has dedicated his life to the service of humanity. I appreciate and treasure everything you have taught me.
- Not only are you fantastic at your job, but you have also proven yourself to be a loving and caring person, both in the office and out in the world. Thank you for being there for me and teaching me so much.
- Dear Mentor, Your entrepreneurial skill has won you many admirers. You are truly a great inspiration for me. Accept my heartfelt gratitude for your time, support, and patience.
- Thanks for guiding me towards the right path. You are a fantastic mentor that is worthy of emulation. You deserve a big thank you from me.
- How could I ever express all my thanks for your mentorship — truly I have been blessed to have you in my life.
- I salute you for your tenacity of purpose and outstanding leadership qualities. Thank you for your words of encouragement and support. I will remain forever grateful.
- I learn something new from you every day. Thank you for providing me such a strong foundation in an industry that can be confusing.
- Your perseverance, integrity and people-loving nature are just a few of your qualities that continue to inspire me. Thank you for being my mentor.
- I am so lucky to get to work with someone who inspires me every day. Thank you for your guidance and leadership.
- You have been an inspiration. As an entrepreneur, your achievements have been remarkable. I’m grateful to have you as my mentor and boss.
- Dear _____, I cannot thank you enough for your mentorship over the years. You have been such an integral part of my career. I hope to inspire others thank you for your patience quotes you have inspired me.
- I appreciate the good example you have shown me. Your life is worthy of emulation and I’m proud to be able to learn from you.
- I admire you for your humility, your diligence, and your unwavering purpose. You have shown me how to be a more effective human being, and for that I cannot thank you enough.
- Thanks for the words of encouragement and guidance and for all you have taught me in business and in my career.
- Your encouragement and advice has led me to places I never thought I would go. Thank you thank you for your patience quotes much for your mentorship throughout my career.
- I have learned from you the value of tolerance, patience, and trust in business. Thanks for being an excellent mentor and a great inspiration.
- You've taught me so many things, from how to properly thank people to how to close a deal. I hope to pass on what you've taught me to many other people.
- From weakness to strength, from grass to grace and from nothing to something. The knowledge you have imparted to me has been a great asset throughout my career.
- When I walked in those doors, I knew nothing. Now, I know a little more, and for much of it I have you to thank. You have been one of the highlights of working at this company.
- You are an icon of integrity and hard work, as well as a great philanthropist. Your achievements and outstanding leadership qualities are worthy of emulation. Thanks once again for all your encouragement and support.
- Thank you for sticking up for me and showing me how to stick up for myself. I only hope that one day I'll be able to do something equally valuable for you.
- You have inspired and motivated me during difficult times when I needed words of encouragement. You are a blessing in my life. Thanks for all your support and useful advice.
- When I thought I couldn't do it, you told me that I could. For that, I can never repay you. Thank you.
- You did a great job teaching me what I needed to know in order to become a sound professional. My success is due to your support and mentorship. I appreciate you so much and value everything I have learned from you.
- It is difficult to say how much I value you and what you've taught me. Because of you, I've grown into someone I can respect. Thank you.
- Your mentorship has been an invaluable gift over the past couple of years. One day, I hope to inspire someone else as you've inspired me.
You are a blessing in my life.
Short Messages to Write in a Group Card
- Thank you for all the time and effort you gave to me.
- Dear mentor, you are always so helpful and I want you to know that I appreciate you so much. Thanks!
- You have shown us a path to walk today. Thanks!
- You are the greatest mentor I have ever had.
- Thanks for making our work life more fulfilling, rewarding, and fun.
- Thank you for your mentorship, leadership style, dedication and hard work.
- Thanks for showing us the right from the wrong. We’ll always follow in your footsteps.
- You have been an inspiration to each one of us—we look forward to walking in your footsteps.
- If you could see my face, you would see the smile you put on it. Thanks!
- You are a blessing in my life.
- I’m so grateful for your help and support.
- My heart just keeps thanking you for everything you taught me in business.
- No card could ever hold all the thanks I want to give to you for your mentorship. Thank you for being a teacher and friend.
- A thank you card is not enough to express how much I appreciate your encouragement and useful advice. I’m so humbled and grateful.
- How can I say thanks in a way that will express my appreciation? You are indeed a good mentor.
Thanks for all the love and support you've given me.
- Accept my heartfelt thankful wishes for your kindness and help. You are the best mentor!
- Words can neither qualify nor quantify your guidance and useful advice. I’ll forever be grateful to you.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and guidance.
- Please accept this thank-you card from me to express a big thanks to you for your encouragement and support.
What You Can Do for a Mentor to Show Gratitude
There are many ways to thank your mentor aside from saying thanks in a card. Forbes has some other ways you might return your mentor the favor:
- Offer to help them out with your skills — make a list of areas where you might be able to offer assistance and let your mentor decide what they need the most.
- Help out in a way that's unrelated to work, such as lending them a book, giving them a restaurant recommendation, or giving them an insider tip on the city.
- Another creative way to say “thank you" is to include gift cards inside your greeting card. Amazon.com gift cards never expire and can be redeemed for millions of items.
- Write them a recommendation on LinkedIn.
- Send your mentor articles, podcasts, or videos that you think might be helpful for them.
In reality, you can never truly repay your mentor for their invaluable advice. Of course, they didn't decide to mentor you to get anything in return. They did it for the joy of seeing you reach your potential. With that in mind, it's important to always keep in touch with your mentor — let them know where you're at in your career and update them on the good things in your life.
Sample Letters to Thank a Mentor
I wanted to write to thank you for all of the support and mentorship you have shown me over the past couple of years. I can honestly say that I would not be even close to where I am today without the encouragement, advice, and support that you've given me.
You stuck up for me, helped me with my projects, offered life advice, and took me to countless coffees and lunches. You have been incredibly generous with your time and energy, two things that can never be repaid, and I know you never expect me to.
Thank you for believing in me when I didn't believe in myself, for being honest with me, for showing me the ins and outs of this business and this company. Not only have you shown me how to be better in my career, but you have also modeled how to be a more effective and loving person. You are an inspiration to me and I hope to affect others in my life as you have affected me.
Thank you for all that you have done. If you ever need help with any project at any time, please never hesitate to call me.
My warmest regards,
Hard work, integrity, perseverance and love are just a few of your attributes. Thanks for being there for me when I needed you most. Your words of encouragement brightened many of my days and helped sharpen my life for good.
It is impossible for me to forget your role in my life; you are a father, mentor and confidant. Thanks for your time and for guiding me towards the right path of life. I will always be thankful to you. May God continue to bless your life!
I am so honored to have you as my mentor and sincerely thank you for your understanding and thoughtfulness over the years. I will never forget the important values you have instilled in me.
From you I have learned the value of tolerance, patience and trust in business. The knowledge you have imparted upon me has been a great asset throughout my career. My success today is due to your support and mentorship. I appreciate you so much and value everything I have learned from you.
Messages for a Teacher and Mentor
- Dear Teacher, Thank you for the great skills and knowledge you’ve imparted to me. I greatly appreciate your contribution to my success. I consider you not as my teacher, but also as a mentor and father.
- I was lucky to have you as a teacher, and then I was even luckier to have you as a mentor. Thank you for everything that you've invested in me.
- You were a fantastic teacher and an even better mentor. Thank you for teaching me so much about your field and about life.
- As a teacher you inspired me and as a mentor you motivated and invested in me. I can never repay you for everything I've gained from your instruction.
- I hope one day I will be able to do for someone what you have done for me. You are a wonderful teacher, mentor, and friend. I am so grateful to have known you.
- I loved your class and was even more thrilled to continue working with you afterwards. Thank you so much for taking me under your wing and teaching me more than I could have ever asked for.
- You are an inspiration and a role model — I'm so thankful to have had you as a teacher and mentor.
- Thank you for being such a great professor and mentor! I could not have asked for anything more. I look forward to working more together in the future.
- I have learned so much from you about my field and about how to be an effective colleague and student. Thank you for taking the time to teach me so much.
- I am so much farther now than I would have been if I hadn't had your guidance and support. Thank you so much for being a great teacher, friend, and mentor.
- I've come so far under your wing. I hope I can help someone else in the future like you've helped me.
- You never settle for less than excellence. Thank you for showing me what it really means to fight for your work. I hope to work together for many years in the future.
- I am inspired by you every day. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher, mentor, and friend.
- You are one of the highlights of my time in college. You have taught me so much — I look forward to passing on what I've learned to many others.
- Thanks for putting up with me for so long. You have been a miraculous teacher and mentor and I am forever grateful for the generosity you have shown me.
- Words cannot express how grateful I am for the generosity and support you have shown me over the past semesters. Thank you for being a great teacher and mentor.
- I look up to you so much — I hope one day to have achieved all in my career that you have achieved in yours. Thank you for being michigan uia online certification great mentor and teacher.
- Thank you for motivating me even when I wanted to give up. You have been a fantastic mentor and teacher and I hope to learn much more from you in the coming years.
- I have learned so much from you — and just when I think there isn't any more to learn, I learn something else! That just goes to show that you are an awesome teacher and a wonderful mentor. Thank you for all that you've done for me.
- I can never repay you for all that you've done — because of you, my entire career path has opened up. You are an inspiring teacher and a generous mentor. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.
Sample Letters for a Teacher or Professor
I hope you're doing well! The school year is finishing up and I wanted to write you to thank you for everything you have done for me. I really enjoyed your class and learned so much from it. I was so excited to have you as a teacher and cannot thank you enough for your mentorship.
As you know, this past year was difficult for me for a lot of reasons. Having your encouragement and support even when I wanted to give up was invaluable. I would not be where I am today without your help, and because of you, I've learned more about where I want to go in my career and I will always have you to thank for it.
I look forward to working together on many projects in the future. You have shown me how to live a life of intellectual and ethical rigor and I can only hope to have the same impact on others as you have had on me this year. Thank you again.
All the very best,
Thank you so much for being a fantastic teacher and mentor. I can honestly say that your class was one of the highlights of my week — each one brought something new and exciting to learn and think about. I feel that I have grown so much academically and I know that I now have a great foundation for the future.
One of the things I appreciate most about you is your willingness to help in so many different aspects of life — I am lucky to have had a teacher that dedicated himself so thoroughly to teaching. It was so clear that you love what you do and that you truly want others to succeed in it.
Your honesty and generosity are inspiring. I will never forget everything that you have taught me. You believed in me when I did not and could not believe in myself. That is truly a gift that cannot be repaid. I hope one day to help others as you have helped me, and I hope to continue working together in the future. Thank you again.
Thank you. Thank you for staying after class. Thank you for increasing your office hours. Thank you for your patience, for your humor, for your time. Thank you for caring. Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for doing all those things that you didn't need to do. Thank you for providing such a great example. Thank you for being so kind. Thank you for loving what you do and approaching it with energy and excitement. Thank you for inspiring me and others in my class. Thank you for going above and beyond and becoming a mentor. Thank you for being a teacher inside and outside the classroom. Thank you for everything. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Messages for a Spiritual Mentor
- Thank you so much for spending time with me and helping me on my spiritual journey. I'm so thankful God put you in my life.
- I have been so blessed to have had you as a spiritual mentor. You have truly helped me on my journey and I thank God for you every day.
- Thank you so much for your love, support, and mentorship. I am so blessed to have you in my life.
- Your spiritual mentorship, advice, and support has been invaluable to me over the past couple of years. I thank God for you and hope to pass on what you've taught me to many others.
- You are an inspiration to me and I am so blessed to have you as a mentor. Thank you for everything.
- The Lord has blessed me so abundantly with your mentorship and love. Thank you so much for everything you have done.
- Your mentorship helped me through some of the most difficult times in my spiritual life. I would not be where or who I am today without you.
- I thank God every day for giving me such a strong spiritual mentor in my life. You have been such a blessing — may God continue to bless your life as he has blessed mine.
- God has truly provided me with an exceptional mentor in you — I have felt so loved and supported with you by my side.
- You thank you for your patience quotes been truly a blessing in my life. Thank you for your advice, support, love, and prayers. God bless you!
Letter for a Spiritual Mentor
I wanted to write you to let you know how much your spiritual mentorship has meant to me. I am so thankful to God for putting you in my life — you have shown me new depths of understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. I know that I am just beginning on an exciting journey of growth, and I have you to thank for showing me the way.
Your prayer, support, encouragement, and motivation has meant everything to me as I struggled with doubt, exhaustion, and uncertainty. You were always there with a kind word, a verse, or a quote that helped me get through some of my darkest times.
You are a blessing and a light in my life and in the lives of so many others. I cannot thank you enough. I only hope that I'll be able to support and encourage others as you have supported and encouraged thank you for your patience quotes.
With God's love,
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin
Shyanne on April 10, 2019:
Hello my name is Shyanne and I am in 7th grade here at Mickle I had no friends and everybody made fun of me. So they told me I was going to have a teammate. I was so confused by what they meant. But that was in 6th grade now every Thursday 4th period we meet up and it is the highlight of my day. I understand that I can talk to her if i need to talk to anyone. But the days we dont have to talk. We play board games and card games and sometimes we paint. It is so much fun and she is the reason i come to school, and yes i also do it to impress my mom and to brag to my siblings i have better grades then them. But I think out of all the kids in my school they noticed i was struggling and helped me out. I love my teammate.
[email protected] on October 23, 2017:
I love my mentor and you are the light in my path
Salvatore Minardi on October 18, 2017:
Thank you for the words and thoughts that has made writing to those who have inspired and mentored me over the years.
You have made writing my feelings less difficult.
Esther on October 05, 2017:
Thanks for this great words of appreciation, they are very helpful
Alicia on September 29, 2017:
thank youthese are very helpful !!
Stephen on August 17, 2017:
thinks this is amazing and helpful
Alex on June 14, 2015:
Hi Lindsay and Amy I really hope you reply even tuhgoh it has been 2 years since you've posted on here I'm so glad to have found this site. My name is Nichole and I am almost 23 years old, I have suffered with NDPH since I was 16. I was a Sophomore in high school, it was near the end of 2006 when I got sick with bronchitis and the flu and coughed and coughed and noticed I had a really terrible headache with it. Once the sickness went away I noticed that the migraine, that pain in my head that had been so foreign to me prior to this, had not gone away, and still has not to this day I had to be home schooled and quit all of my sports I was a part of My friends went on with their lives and forgot about me while I had a constant 24/7 pain that I could not get rid of no matter how hard I tried or how much it killed me, physically and mentally. We began with Chiropractors, decompression machines, adjustments, etc. I traveled hours to probably 20 different Chiropractors that all said that they knew what I had and exactly how to treat it. I've tried natural supplements, over the counter medications, 6 Occipital nerve blocks in the back of my head, massage, diets of no wheat, no gluten, no sugar, vegan only, all with no progress. My family understands the pain and how I can be ok one minute but then pick up something slightly too heavy, walk a little too fast, sit down a little too hard and I will have to be in my room with blankets over my windows and absolutely no sound because the pain is so unbearable. It is so frustrating because I too feel like a burden, like ok you have a headache so what? Why can't you stay out late or get up early or work long shifts or run around and be active? But it is so much more than a headache It's become a way of life and although I think I handle it well I know that deep down I am depressed and deeply saddened by it because anytime I stop to think about it or talk to anyone about it I cry instantly. Lindsay, I too have tried the things you have with no help and at Cleveland Clinic where they did my nerve blocks they told me about the program where you stay there for an amount of time. My option they told me about when staying there was a few weeks, they would put me on all these medications and steroid medications, have physical therapy and counseling as well. They also said the FDA would soon be approving the Botox injections, I'm sorry those did not help you either NDPH has altered my life drastically, I can't work as much, I can't run around and just be free, I can't take a full load of classes at a time Basically I just want to thank you for having this site Amy, it is really more helpful than you know, just knowing that I'm not the only one to suffer from this and that I'm not the only one that has this pain to think about every single second of every day Bless you and bless all your readers, may you all find relief from the pain -Nichole
40 Inspiring Motivational Quotes About Gratitude
Whatever your definition of success (everyone's definition of success is and should be different), we all want more. That desire for more can blind us to what we already have--and should be grateful for.
Here are 40 quotes about gratitude that will not only remind you that what you have is pretty awesome, but will also, I hope, spur you to express that gratitude to the people who deserve it most.
- "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like walmart money card number a present and not giving it." William Arthur Ward
- "I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." G.K. Chesterton
- "'Enough' is a feast. Buddhist proverb
- "If you count all your assets, you always show a profit." Robert Quillen
- "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault
- "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them." John F. Kennedy
- "Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some." Charles Dickens
- "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance." Eckhart Tolle
- "If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get." Frank A. Clark
- "If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily." Gerald Good
- "Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie
- "The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it." Michael Josephson
- "Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy." Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
- "The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement." Charles Schwab
- "He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." Epictetus
- "At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Albert Schweitzer
- "The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated." William James
- "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." Oprah Winfrey
- "Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." Buddha
- "Silent gratitude isn't very much to anyone." Gertrude Stein
- "Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts." Henri Frederic Amiel
- "You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around." Willie Nelson
- "It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment." Naomi Williams
- "One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay 'in kind' somewhere else in life." Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out." John Wooden
- "No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude." Alfred North Whitehead
- "Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude." A.A. Milne
- "Forget yesterday--it has already forgotten you. Don't sweat tomorrow--you haven't even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift--today." Steve Maraboli
- "We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count." Neal A. Maxwell
- "In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- "The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you." John E. Southard
- "I truly believe we can either see the connections, celebrate them, and express gratitude for our blessings, or we can see life as a string of coincidences that have no meaning or connection. For me, I'm going to believe in miracles, celebrate life, rejoice in the views of eternity, and hope my choices will create a positive ripple effect in the lives of others. This is my choice." Mike Ericksen
- "Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it." Stephen Richards
- "Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices." Robert Braathe
- "They both seemed to understand that describing it was beyond their powers, the gratitude that spreads through your body when a burden gets lifted, and the sense of homecoming that follows, when you suddenly remember what it feels like to be yourself." Tom Perrotta
- "Gratitude is more of a compliment to yourself than someone else." Raheel Farooq
- "Keep your eyes open and try to catch people in your company doing something right, then praise them for it." Tom Hopkins
- "In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day--or to celebrate each special day." Rasheed Ogunlaru
- "This a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before." Maya Angelou
Sep 12, 2014
“Gratitude is one of the least articulate of the emotions, especially when it is deep.” – Felix Frankfurter, American Supreme Court Justice
When you feel extremely thankful for someone, translating your gratitude into words can be difficult. How can you express such a deep feeling with only a sentence or two? Since thank you sayings date back hundreds of years, you can look to iconic phrases to help you communicate your appreciation.
We’ve put together 100 of the best thank you quotes. Search by recipient or sentiment to optimize your hunt for the perfect saying. Whether you’re thanking a parent, friend or mentor, these quotes are sure to reflect your gratitude and pair nicely thank you for your patience quotes flowers or a gift basket.
Quotes for Teachers
Teachers and mentors are often the unsung heroes in the lives of you or your children. Acknowledging their hard work and dedication with a sincere appreciation quote reminds them why they do what they do.
- “To the world you may just be a teacher, but to your students you are a HERO.” – Unknown
- “A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart.” – Unknown
- “The influence of a great teacher can never be erased.” – Unknown
- “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” – Colleen Wilcox
- “Not all superheroes have capes, some have teaching degrees.” – Unknown
- “I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of society than any other single profession.” – John Wooden
- “Because my teacher believed in me, I never gave up. Now I am flying towards my dreams.” – Heidi McDonald
- “Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.” – Andy Rooney
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Brooks Adams
- “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.” – Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers)
Quotes for Friends
True friends stay by your side through thick and thin — they are in your life because they choose to be. Convey your thanks to your best friend with these quotes and sayings.
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
- “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” – Henry Van Dyke
- “Of all possessions a friend is the most precious.” – Herodotus
- “One thing I’ve learned is when you find a best friend in this life, you better hang on.” – Jim Nabors
- “Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
- “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” – Robert Brault
- “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
- “Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” – C.S. Lewis
- “It takes a long time to grow an old friend.” – John Leonard
thank you for your patience quotes for Moms
When it comes to recognizing your mom for her unconditional love, there are no words to describe your thankfulness and admiration. However, these phrases can get pretty close.
- “For your thoughtfulness and generosity, from you I have learned much of life’s philosophy — Thank you sincerely.” – Unknown
- “I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom.” – Unknown
- “Mother love is the moneylion customer support that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
- “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
- “I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above. For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love.” – Wayne F. Winters
- “A mother is the truest friend we have…” – Washington Irving
- “There are so many times you will feel you have failed, but in the eyes, heart and mind of your child, you are super mom.” – Stephanie Precourt
- “Mom, thank you for always modeling the utmost strength, determination, and work ethic.” – Steph Gold
- “A Mother holds her children’s hands for a while…their hearts forever.” – Unknown
- “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant
Quotes for Dads
While moms get the majority of the praise, it’s also important to remember the things that dads do for their children. Let your dad know that you’re grateful for his affection and sacrifices.
- “To the WORLD you are a dad. To our FAMILY, you are the world.” – Unknown
- “Any man can be a Father, thank you for your patience quotes takes someone thank you for your patience quotes to be a Dad.” – Unknown
- “A dad is thank you for your patience quotes you should look up to no matter how tall you grow.” – Unknown
- “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.” – Justin Ricklefs
- “Becoming a dad is one thing — being a dad is many things.” – Steve Chapman
- “Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.” – Ruth E. Msu theater mankato father is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be.” – Unknown
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “My Dad is my hero.” – Harry Connick, Jr.
- “When my father didn’t have my hand…he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
- “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.” – Dr. T.P. Chia
Quotes for Kids
It’s important to teach your children about the power of appreciation so they can implement it in their own lives. These simple eye-opening quotes offer great insights to what it means to be thankful.
- “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” – Frank A. Clark
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
- “It isn’t man vs food san francisco you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.” – Unknown
- “Silent gratitude isn’t very much use to anyone.” – Gertrude Stein
- “If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If you really are thankful, what do you do? You share.” – W. Clement Stone
- “Gratitude can turn common days into thanksgivings…” – William Arthur Ward
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” – A.A. Milne
- “Let us be grateful to the people that make us happy…” – Marcel Proust
- “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you…” – Brian Tracy
Quotes for Veterans
Living peacefully while wars waged overseas made it easy to forget the hardships that veterans endured for our sake. Use these quotes to say “thank you for your service” in a truly heartfelt manner.
- “Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls.” – David Thomas
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened.” – Rev. Billy Graham
- “Peace has victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.” – Sidney Sheldon
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
- “Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
- “America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.” – Steve Buyer
- “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” – Zeus in Hercules
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
Quotes About Appreciation
Appreciation goes a long way for you and the recipient. These iconic quotes will remind you to stay humble and thankful for everything you have.
- “I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks.” – William Shakespeare
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
- “Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.” – Unknown
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
Thank You for Being in My Life Quotes
Having a friend or family member 1st financial federal credit union routing number loves you despite your quirks and mistakes is someone you should hold dear. Let them know how much you appreciate having them in your life.
- “It’s not where you are in life, it’s who you have by your side that matters.” – Unknown
- “So many people have touched my heart and made an impact on my world. I’m thankful for every lesson and learning experience.” – Bindi Irwin
- “The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.” – Mary Schmich
- “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” – Anna Taylor
- “We are two among the wild herds spontaneous as any.” – Walt Whitman
- “Some memories are unforgettable, remaining ever vivid and heartwarming!” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” – Thornton Wilder
Thank You for Believing in Me Quotes
In life, it’s essential to have a support network of loved ones who believe in you. Those who encourage you regardless of your failures or shortcomings deserve special recognition.
- “Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends.” – Euripides
- “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others.” – Alfred North Whitehead
- “What seems insignificant when you have it is important when you need it.” – Franz Grillparzer
- “The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.” – John E. Southard
- “Thank you for accepting me as I am, with my virtues and defects.” – Jenni Rivera
Thank You for Forgiving Me Quotes
At some point, you’ll hit some turbulence in your familial, friendly, or romantic relationships. However, it’s how you make amends and get past it that matters.
- “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” – Marianne Williamson
- “The lesson is that you can still make mistakes and be forgiven.” – Robert Downey, Jr.
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.” – Yolanda Hadid
- “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” – Mark Twain
- “To err is human; to forgive, divine.” – Alexander Pope
- “Forgiveness is the final form of love.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
- “Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.” – Indira Gandhi
- “Sweet mercy is nobility’s true badge.” – William Shakespeare
- “Forgiveness is that subtle thread that binds both love and friendship.” – George Foreman
- “We think that forgiveness is weakness, but it’s absolutely not; it takes a very strong person to forgive.” – T.D. Jakes
Hopefully these meaningful quotes and sayings from icons like William Shakespeare, Mark Twain, Abraham Lincoln and Oprah Winfrey motivate and inspire south florida state college panther central to deeply thank your loved ones.
There’s more to thank people for than giving a gift or holding a door open. Make sure you recognize the special people in your life and all they do for you. Express your genuine gratitude with these thank you quotes and a beautiful bouquet to let them know they are truly loved and appreciated.
Words to Thank a Teacher
Given everything they do for their students, finding the right words to thank a teacher is quite the task. Whether you're a parent who wants to express gratitude for the light that was set afire in pnc bank hours in michigan child's heart, or you are the student yourself, we'd like to help you stoke that fire with some encouraging phrases, quotations, and gift ideas to thank a teacher.
When thinking about the best way to thank a teacher, consider what they did that was exceptional or above the call of duty. Did they change the way you think about something? Did they inspire some new academic pursuit or activity? What will you hold dear when you look back years from now?
How to Start Your Thank You Note
Of course, there are many ways to say, "Thank you, teacher." Here are some options for phrases to begin your note with:
- Because of you, I've come to love… (writing, reading, science)
- You gave me the strength I needed to take the next steps toward my dream of… (acting, writing, enrolling in college)
- I'm so grateful you were my teacher (or my child's teacher).
- Thank you for emboldening me.
- Your positivity and encouragement brightened my days.
- You made me a better, more thoughtful person.
- Your kindness made me feel welcomed and comfortable.
- I'll never forget you.
- You helped me see that I can be more.
- You gave me (or my son or daughter) the confidence to dream big.
- Thank you for your patience throughout this year. It meant the world to me.
- This was a tough semester, but you got me through it!
- You are, hands down, the best teacher I've ever had.
- You inspired me to begin this new chapter in my life. I couldn't have done it without you.
- I'll always remember attending your class. You are the best teacher!
For more ideas, review these Examples of Words for Thank You Notes.
Teacher Appreciation Quotes
Along with your words to thank a teacher, you might want to include a thoughtful quote to illustrate exactly what they did for you. If you write a handwritten card, one of these quotes might look nice within it:
- "A teacher's job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded." - Darwin D. Martin
- "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." - Henry Brooks Adams
- "Sunday is a teacher's day of rest: the rest of the laundry, the rest of the housework, and the rest of the papers." - Heidi McDonald
- "A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in pupils." - Ever Garrison
- "Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives." - Andy Rooney
- "The curriculum contains so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element that grows the soul of a child." - Carl Jung
- "When the teacher is ready, the student will disappear. When the student is truly ready… the teacher will disappear." - Lao Tzu
- "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward
- "Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the Earth." - Helen Caldicott
- "Good teachers make the best of a pupil's means; great teachers foresee a pupil's ends." - Maria Callas
- "The test of a good teacher is not how many questions he can ask his pupils that they will answer readily, but how many questions he inspires them to ask him which he finds it hard to answer." - Alice Wellington Rollins
- "I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework." - Lily Tomlin
- "Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
- "One child, one teacher, one pen and one book can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai
- "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." - Pablo Picasso
For more inspiration, have a look at these Education Quotes.
Sample Thank You Note for a Teacher
To get a sense of how to write a thank you note for a teacher, have a look at the example below:
Dear Mrs. Windsor,
I can't believe the school year is over. Your endless positivity made it a joy to come to class every day. Who can say that? Because of you, I know I can conquer any difficulty that comes my way. We both know you helped me push through those complex math problems.
You're my "once in a lifetime" teacher that will stay with me forever. You taught me that I can never city electric supply edmond wrong with a generous spirit. I hope you have a spectacular summer and I hope to see you around next year!
A handwritten note from a parent or student is a lovely gesture. If money is tight, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a well-worded card. In fact, many teachers appreciate a handwritten note even more than a monetary gift!
Include some genuine sentiments like the ones mentioned above. Or, you can open or close your note with a memorable quote that summarizes what your teacher did for you. Many teachers keep these cards for years to come. They'll be lovely tokens when they look back on their life and career as a teacher.
You can also consider these Examples of Words of Appreciation.
Gifts for a Teacher
If you want to give your teacher a gift, there are many different ways to go about it. Did you learn anything about their hobbies or interests throughout the school year?
Do they love to read? Do they have pizza night every Friday night at home? Are your teacher's nails always done? Does your teacher always wear a fabulous tie or scarf?
Typically, gift-giving ends once you graduate from elementary school. By the time you enter middle school and high school, you have so many different teachers for each subject, no student is expected to buy everyone a present.
Perhaps you could offer a small token for your homeroom teacher or favorite science teacher who really taught you a lot. But, once the days of sitting in one classroom for the majority of the day are over, a simple note will suffice if you really felt a special bond.
Generic, Useful Gifts
Generic gifts can include things for the classroom. Coffee mugs are cute and can also be useful for holding pens, pencils, and other things. Does your teacher have a morning cup of tea or coffee each day? Perhaps you could wrap up an assortment of teas.
Notepads are very useful too, as teachers write a lot of notes. You could include sticky note pads as well.
It's best to steer clear from wine or any alcohol, even at the higher education levels. You just never know someone's preference and, in rare cases, it can be frowned upon.
Gift Baskets and Plants
Gift baskets and potted plants are always appreciated. Gift baskets can be personalized and include things the teacher likes or supplies for the classroom.
A bouquet of flowers is a safe bet. If it's the holiday season, you can't go wrong with a little evergreen or poinsettia.
Perhaps an easy-to-maintain plant will fit the bill, too, if that's something your teacher seems to enjoy.
Gift cards are also a useful expression of gratitude. They provide an array of options and are certain to be used. You can personalize these if you know your teacher's favorite stores or stick with fan-favorites like Starbucks, Target or Amazon.
You can also cover all your bases with a MasterCard or Visa gift card. Generally, the $25 to $30 range is plenty.
A Thoughtful Gesture
A teacher's job isn't done when that bell rings at the end of the day. They go home to think about the next day's lesson, they review papers, and they tailor lesson plans to get everyone excited about the day.
It's a thoughtful gesture to thank them for all their hard work. As we continue through life, we're going to remember at least one of our favorite teachers. Be sure to let them know that before they dismiss you into the next chapter. If, perhaps, you're attempting to thank a language teacher, it might be fun to say thank you in a few different languages.
Every day, we are faced with a lot of negativity and things that can pull at our self-esteem. When we make a mistake, there are those ready to point it out and ridicule our flaws and make us feel worse about ourselves.
But in some cases, you may also be your worst enemy and the one pushing yourself down. When you make a small mistake, you’re easy to beat yourself up over it and think that it is that one mistake that defines you. Or, when you make a mistake and your friend says it was no harm on their part, you think that everyone close to you talks about you behind your back, talking about all the similar mistakes you’ve made in the past.
This is rarely the case. However, if you feel down, it’s probably because you feel like you’ve committed one too many mistakes. One reason this might be getting to you is because you always find yourself constantly apologizing for the things you did wrong.
The best way to end this feeling? Stop saying sorry, and start saying “thank you for your patience.”
Thank You for Your Patience
Thank you for your patience, thank you for being patient, or any other similar way of speaking it. Saying this is to acknowledge that that person has been waiting for you to keep up or reach them. Ideally, no one should have to wait for you, but they did. However, they tolerated or were inconvenienced by your actions, but they chose to stick it out for you.
Being patient means having the ability to tolerate delays or accept that some people are not as fast as you are. They know how to cope without getting upset. It’s a trait that you don’t see in a lot of people these days. So, instead of apologizing to bring yourself down, why not apologize to highlight the good qualities of the person you’ve wronged?
Say Thank You, Not Sorry
What’s great about saying this is that you take the focus away from your fault, but instead highlight the good qualities of that person. When you’re meeting with a co-worker but you’re running late, when you get to them, you may be tempted to say “sorry I’m late.” You could say that, but if you hear yourself acknowledging your flaw, even if the fault was unavoidable, you’re slowly disheartened by your inability to make it on time. However, if you thank your friend for waiting, it is the same as apologizing, but you instead focus on the good traits of your friend.
In another scenario, imagine a co-worker is teaching you something necessary for work. They aren’t getting paid to do it, you need to learn how to do it to perform your tasks at work, but you’re not learning as fast as either of you would like. Yet, you’ve seen your co-worker continuing to patiently train you, even if it means taking time out of their own tasks to manage you. Instead of apologizing and pointing out your slowness to learn, apologize and thank them for their patience and time.
When you take a call and are left for hold for a few minutes, you’ve never heard a customer service representative apologize for the wait. Instead, you might often hear them say something along the lines of “thank you for your patience” or “thank you for waiting.”
Number one, it is unprofessional to apologize in such scenario. It’s a common occurrence to wait in line when calling customer service, so it is something expected from the one calling. Second, if they choose to apologize, then it seems more like an inconvenience than something expected when calling a busy customer service line. It is an inconvenience for the caller, but saying sorry highlights the long wait. Thanking the caller for their patience, however, points out the good character of the caller and takes the focus away from the inconvenience.
Not Applicable to All Scenarios
Aside from highlighting a person’s good qualities instead of your negative ones, it is a form of politeness to thank people for their time and putting up with your delay. If your mistake or error was a one-time thing, you can use this to avoid apologizing when it’s either unprofessional or unnecessary. However, there comes a point when you can’t keep apologizing this way and you need to actually say sorry and start changing something about yourself.
Let’s say that you’re meeting up with a friend, and you’re late by a few minutes. It’s a one-time thing, you’ve never been late before. This is the perfect time to thank them for their patience. As long as you know you’ll never repeat this mistake and estimate your travel time to your meeting point better in the future, you’ll never have to apologize for being late.
However, let’s say you’re constantly late or you’re late by an hour. Whether you say sorry or say thank you makes no difference because it’s clear that the last times you’ve apologized were all just empty words. Apologizing is pointless when you do nothing to rectify the situation. Instead, you are simply taking advantage of that person’s patience. And even a patient person has their limits.
Or, if you’re in a business setting, there comes a point where you really have to straight-up apologize and say sorry. For example, if there is a delay in shipping out orders, it may be smarter to apologize for the inconvenience in case they decide to cancel their order, leaving you at a loss.
Getting Rid of Negativity
It seems like a small and pointless change to the way you handle your mistakes, but overtime, it can affect the way you see yourself. If you constantly have to say sorry to others as a way of apologizing, you’re always highlighting the negative things you do, which can eventually take a toll. However, if you thank people for the patience to apologize, you’re not only highlighting the positive thing they did for you, but you are being polite and focusing on them.
However, there comes a point when you may take advantage of a person’s patience. Once this happens, thanking them for their patience no longer adds any value as they may slowly begin to see that your apologies, regardless of what you say, means nothing as you don’t intend to change.